Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Caterpillar

Caterpillar


Fluttering snowflakes force my cocoon of sweaters and layers of baggy cloth.  My holiday gluttony hides well beneath last year’s discount rack of thread.  I ponder the pursuit of spring with all things skinny and new and realize, it is time to shed some of my comfort.  If I ever wish to be the bronzed fashion mannequin I once was I must be willing to lose my skin.  So in pursuit of my Paris runway tomorrow I must now peel away the thick canvass of warm wool and couch and trade it, for tight dry fit cotton and exercise sweat.  Spring is coming and I am ready to be the Monarch, the butterfly. I am ready to dawn the robes of this years trendy money drain.

9 comments:

  1. Robb, I was SO THRILLED to see your name pop up on my blog today. Wow. And to track you back here and see you starting the new year off by writing. You have a gift! Just went and saw you linked at PU. Welcome home, my friend. You have no idea how welcome you are, or how eternally grateful to you I have always been for Poets United, which has been the happiest part of my life ever since I found you in 2010. A debt of gratitude I can never repay other than an inadequate Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Man Welcome Back! Great piece - cool prose style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous treat! Welcome back, Robb! I've missed your voice. And this new year realization is a common one, but few are able to express it so attractively! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it. Ya know nature's fashion is always in vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I think we all ponder the pursuit of spring, especially right now when at least the days are getting a bit longer. And, after a while, we do realize we have to shed some of our comfort if we are to move forward. So, I am wondering, are you heading to Paris???

    Nice to read your poetry again, Robb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm the newbie here! Welcome Rob. I enjoyed this take on Caterpillar thinking enroute to the next stage of life--all in terms of fashion. Wow. To be willing to lose one's skin is all very well for a caterpillar! I wish it never pertained to living male and female models. Don robes, right? This year's trendy money drain! All to mate, I'll remind you. Thanks for this fine piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad and so true...the constant cycle that some get trapped in...and also, how kind of natural. How high-pressure to have a livelihood that depends on it though. Nice to meet you, Rob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that cocoon. I need to shed that also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the wonderful and supportive comments! It means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete