Thursday, February 18, 2016

Motive


"Motive"

Broken and dark
I was hazardous to me

Lost
And nearly destroyed by a black and white world of expectations
I can now see in color
At least little specs of kaleidoscope hope
I can now taste just a bit of sunshine on my tongue

My way to tomorrow is winding
It will not be a simple elevator to happiness
But I Know I will earn it

My next moment will be mine
It no longer will be guided by them
Him
Or even her

Each desire I achieve
Each chance I take
Each second I seize
It is all for me

From the dust I step forward
From the grey shadows of despair I escape
Now is the time to chase the dreams I almost forgot
Now is excited anticipation


Robert Lloyd



1 comment:

  1. Robb, I was so pleased to see your name pop up on my blog because I had lost track of you, and couldnt find you. I think of you often, needless to say, given I still am plugging away at Monday interviews at PU. Smiles. Thanks so much for stopping by so I could find you - I am so happy to see you are writing, as you have a gift............I love the voice in this poem, the reclaiming of self, the stepping out of the shadows into the light of day. Yay! Keep on shining, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete