Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Revolve


Revolve

With infinity before us
I smile
My fingers brushing yours
Pondering our unique perfection

Your kind eyes
And wounded heart
Have stolen my breath
And I gladly allow your thievery

They say never fall in love with a poet
Because their words are sometimes lies
An unachievable imagined future
But that is why I want to write the next stanza with you
A canvass that we both paint together
A story we share
I want your hand guiding my heart, pen, and brush

You have become the center of my solar system
I crave your voice, your hair, your mouth
Food is no longer my nourishment
You are my hunger and happiness
My future kingdom
My yellow and shining sun
Giving me hope
And even brighter possible tomorrows

This love
So fragile and tender
It is us
Do we see forever in one another’s eyes
The answer is irrelevant
For all that matters is now
And your smile

13 February 2018

Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment