Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Scars

“Scars”

Everything is just fine
Is said with strong conviction
Although I fear the life created
And now attempt hide from

The moment I step behind closed doors
My “smile pretty for the camera” breaks
The shadows swallow me
And it is then I find my fingers grazing the soft scars on my mind

They are like an itch I cannot resist
I scratch the fading pain
Releasing the monsters and devils in my head
That greedily haunt my every turn
Churning my stomach
Showing me how broken I am 
And sending me begging for dark silence

When I am granted the silence I have chased
When the Television is off
When the radio no longer shares old memories
When the record player reaches its end
And rhythmically repeats the same spinning static pop
When I have ignored enough outstretched hands of friendship
I regret my request

My head is the worst place to hide
I drown the pain with everything but me
I am losing myself
But don’t want to be found right now

Robert Lloyd
4 May 2016

"Sometimes, it is not the world that hurts us the most but the demons inside. And when the world goes silent and leaves us alone, we can no longer hide. When our own minds turn against us, where can we turn? Our sanity is lost." ~ Uknown

No comments:

Post a Comment