Friday, April 17, 2015

Spare Time


"Spare Time"

I wish I could recycle my littered minutes
Not the ones wasted on day dreaming
Those are well spent
I want the ones that slip by unnoticed

Can you see the corporation
Hired men like highway cleanup crews

Follow behind
During the day
Unnoticed
As a minute slips by truly wasted
They stab it with their sticks
As if it were a piece of trash
Blowing down the road

Eventually
You are presented with a monthly fee
A percentage price
For a substantial block of time
Of life gone by

You empty your wallet
In exchange for a box of
Recycled minutes

Imagine life
Imagine what you could do with these minutes

Do I extend a great evening
on the town
Or give to doctors
Who could have used just a second more

Do I share
Giving a soldier that extra chance
Does some of it go into the offering plate
Can I last longer in the sack
The possibilities would be endless

I wish I could recycle my littered minutes
Not the ones just wasted
On this day dream
Those are well spent
I want the ones that slip by unnoticed


Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment