Monday, February 15, 2016

Iceberg

"Iceberg"

I am floating along                           
And melting

The beautiful world that surrounds me
Betrays me as I cherish
and struggle
with each vanishing moment

My presence
My worth
My existence
It all fades with each new sunrise

I crave something it seems I am no longer allowed
More time with you
With your supposed forever smile
With your clear blue glances
With the thought that you could never tire of me

As I drift along
Further from you
From something that once was such magic
I tremble with fear
And my heart aches

I desperately want to travel back to before
To the time before we stumbled onto this false path
This stream that drags us apart

I want yesterday
Knowing what I know today
Rather than this cold fade

I am floating along
And melting



Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment