Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tandem Seraph


"Tandem Seraph" 


My world was graham cracker cookie dry and slowly crumbling. It was the dust you find at the bottom any dry goods bag. That is until two angels, with their own sins to consider, picked me up and carried me from the decay of my own heart and self destructive mind. No matter what tomorrow brings; distance, reality or even the wrath of those very angels, I cannot and will not forget their rescue. Their silver tongues and backhands exposed me to my own flawed and selfish world. They pushed me away from the detrimental mirror that I stared into and ushered me to a door I had not opened, or even considered trying to open. They had no reason to become a part of me and yet they did. They crept from their very own partially shattered and jumbled lives with outstretched hands and pulled me from the wet cement I was allowing to engulf me. They saved me from myself. There now exists a glint in my eye that had gone dull and muted for a short while. They gave me a rebirth, or rather, a willingness to realize there is more beyond my broken yesterdays. This tandem treasure will forever remain a rooted moment in who I am to become. They gave me brushes for a canvass I only saw as blank and pointless. They gave me a desire to paint bold and bright. They gave me back to myself and for that each shall be forever chained to the future that I embrace. Their physical presence may dwindle and fade but the heart and intent of these angels will always be red bricked strong in the foundation of my tomorrow. For this I whisper thanks over and over until the echoes take hold and keep it on repeat forever.

 Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment