Monday, July 11, 2016

Monarch




"Monarch"

The color of syrup and corn catch my eye
Against the green fields and blue skies
And I smile

There
Dancing amongst the flowers
Softly floating between the reds and lavender
Is something that reminds me of you

My heart warms
I forget the worries of my day
And I stray off the dull asphalt path
Leaving the monotony of boardrooms and teleconferences
To follow your symbol
Your happiness
Your inspiration

A breeze kisses my neck
And fresh air smacks me in the face
Forcing me back to reality
I awake from my pleasant day dream
Knowing that I must get back to chasing dollars
But before I do
Before I step back onto the black top
That takes me to my cold metal desk
I watch beauty for a few moments longer

There
Dancing amongst the flowers
Softly floating between the reds and lavender
Is a beautiful butterfly
And it reminds me of you

Robert Lloyd

11 January 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment