Tuesday, September 12, 2023

What's Going On




What's Going On 


Worn muscles and slow fingers

How has time passed so fast

All in an instant it seems

To think it was only yesterday I sat

Scribbling words in bulk 


Gone are the spare moments and spare words

Only to be replaced with too much life

I crave the creativity I once had

Not to lessen the life I live in now

Give me a little of both worlds I beg


Our paths to and from the pen

Never really vanish, they are always in the shadows waiting



This is in response to the blog prompt found here at What's Going On. It has been a long while since I have taken the time to write. I always look at it longingly but life is just so darn busy. Perhaps this is a way to ease back into without neglecting the rest. The first letter of each line spells out What's going on. I forget what they call those kind of poems but it was fun to pay with.



No comments:

Post a Comment