Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Raindrops



"Raindrops"

The beat of my heart accelerates when she first comes into view.   She is the sexy part of a summer storm.  That dark cloud on a bright sunny day that many enjoy, and know will bring a much needed rain and even bit of electricity. She is the lightning bolt aimed right at me, winding up with a few bits of taunt and sway.   With her stare and smile she charges my skin, my entire body.  The hairs on my arm stand on imaginary tippy toes in anticipation of her touch and soft lips.  She is the raindrop that falls from the sky and kisses the skin on the back of my neck, waking me up, sending a shiver down my spine.  She is the dance in the rain that cools the air around me and makes me forget yesterday and the dry heat.  She is the steam that floats up from the ground racing past me to the skies, to gather, and start all over again another day.  She is the unexpected.  She is my smile.  She is my today and maybe tomorrow.


Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment