Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Bide


Bide

Will I have the next kiss goodbye
Or will that one be my last one
As the dark cloud hovers above me
My heart waits for resolve
Wondering
Has my latest appeal prolonged the end
Will the bell toll midnight
And the finality of reality run it’s course

My death row heart holds onto hope
I wait patiently
Nervously
Painfully
Not giving in
She makes me smile when no one else can
My breath catches when she walks into a room

Still when I bleed this honesty
Hers is one of “I don’t know”
What more can I bare
Waiting for the inevitable
If there is no now
How can we hope for tomorrow

I glance back to the yesterdays
The ones she says were not there
Wondering
Which of us is lying to ourselves
Bending reality to hold onto the latest idea

The guillotine hangs ready to fall
And I willingly place my neck on the block
Begging for a quick end
Or for her to yank me away
Wanting desperately to renew us

By
Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment