Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Rusted Red


“Rusted Red”


She is fading
I catch myself daydreaming about her
And a smile flashes across my face

I crave the stare of her rusted red brown eyes
The beautiful kind that you can easily lose yourself in

I miss the feel of her syruped caramel skin
And I want to touch her again
To run my fingers along the small of her back
To feel her warm skin beneath my own

I enjoy the way her hair looks when it has been tussled by my rough hands
I even laugh now as I envision her fighting to smooth it back to normal
Knowing full well that I will only mess it up again

My heart races
I can see her flashing that perfect crooked smile
Asking me
“What do you want?”

She is my escape
My today
There is no promised tomorrow
And I am comfortable with that

For now





Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment