Monday, June 6, 2016

My Own Van Morrison


"My Own Van Morrison"

Liquid pools of brown syrup spill over me with a hungry intent
The only thing that breaks the hold her eyes have on me
The one that cements me to where I stand
Waiting for her touch
Is her smile
It sends my heart skipping a beat too fast

She scares me
But in a good way
And I think she knows it

She could be the fairy tale you have read about
And almost forgot
Because you were lost in the thick grey reality of life
The one you were taught to accept
Since
Well
That’s just what everyone does

Her presence is the joy that invites me to happiness
And I plan to prolong the time I have with her
Even if it is to just savor those amazing
Dark, rich, hot chocolate brown eyes
For a few seconds more


Robert Lloyd


No comments:

Post a Comment