Monday, September 12, 2016

Odyssey


“Odyssey”

I endure the melancholy doldrums of my mind
They are growing brushfires that I struggle to put out
Hoping they don’t grow and scorch what little sanity I have left

Every morning I rise with thoughts of a new pursuits
Yet by the time dusk settles in
I have returned to the same worn out and well-traveled path

I want for so much more

A smile to lay my foundation on
A pursuit that is genuine and not fleeting
Something that washes away this bitter taste in my mouth

I hope for a new door
One I can throw open and marvel at what lies beyond
A place that makes me enjoy the good parts of yesterday
And respect the lessons of the harsher moments that once were

But in order to attain my want
In order to reap the rewards of laughter
I must continue to search and not settle
I must push forward
Enduring my own jumbled thoughts
Knowing happiness will be found as long I continue to look


Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment