Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Watching Ansel"

"Watching Ansel"

I like this…
The way the wind makes your heart race
Barefoot, dangling in the sea
The part of life that’s not wrong

It’s a treasure to step out and rest
To ignore our self-created difficulties

Man in gaining intelligence has lost peace
The foot race to tomorrow is complicated
Too much for the likes of us

Simple people
We need music, food, the ability to stop and watch
Nothing more

I like viewing the ripple of water travel across the once calm pool
I like to watch as it once again quiets

If I could get lost in Ansel Adams…
I’d be there forever
Watching those looking in
Trying to see where it is that they missed peace
And living every moment

                                                                  By Robert Lloyd

                                                                  ©Persona 2002  Press Corps, Inc

"This poem was published in the Texas State Persona Lit Mag in 2002.  It was one of my first published pieces.  When I look back at it in now I wonder if I really like it or if it was a sympathy publishing lol.  I will have to take a picture of the artwork that accompanied it and post it here shortly.

Here is a link to their historical ones and their current web page.  (http://www.personalitmag.com/history)


No comments:

Post a Comment