Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Silence

Silence

Offer me silence
And I will take it within my outstretched arms
Knowing
It screams louder than sound sometimes

Silence is chemical and perfect
Blistering the avoided world that surrounds us
Like a fire
Burning white hot

Silence is cleansing
It scorches our minds
And fallows the thick soil of our thoughts
Leaving room for new endeavors

I enjoy the dark quiet corners of my mind
The untouched places
Where no one else can find me
But sometimes, to get there in my head
I have to abandon the world around me
And all the noise that comes with it

In order to find me
I have to lose you
Him
Her
Them
Everyone
Possibly even who I used to be

At least for a little while

Eventually my silence will break
And I will need another breathing soul near
But for now

My pauses in life

My escapes into silence

They are a way for me to find myself
To guide me away from the howling ghosts
That gather
Rising from too many collected moments and wrong turns

Silence is my perfect temporary companion

Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment