Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pipe Creek



"Pipe Creek"

Her faded used to be drawl lingers ever so slightly
It hides behind her soft laughs and simple whispers
She shares her world with me
One perfectly placed word at a time
She captures me with that "damn you" sexy voice
And she knows it

She is a drug
New and addictive
Every little taste she gives me only leaves me wanting more

I can see her smile as if she were over my shoulders
Reading my ink confession

I can feel her breath on my neck as she laughs soft and wicked
I curse my imagination for only being only that
It begs me to turn around and press myself into her kiss

But I know it’s just me here with a pen
With only an empty room behind me
Only for now that is

And she laughs again
Knowing tomorrow’s possibilities have yet to arrive

Robert Lloyd
12 April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment