Monday, April 25, 2016

Endless

"Endless"

Patterns of my youth have emerged
Like a fog light of hope
Breaking through the grey clouds of submission

I had given in to the thoughts of lonely expectations
And was ready to find my inner solitary peace
And then
She erased the droll life before me
Or at least showed me a path to follow
Giving me a chance to realize our dreams may fade
But they never actually go away
They hang there waiting for the right connection
Like the pop of static when two bits of cloth first touch

I try not to rush my Idle moments
Still I want to hear her voice
I cannot deny my smile
Is because of her

I am high school and giddy
Wanting to be her prince or knight
Hoping to sleigh her dragons
And possibly my own

We are each a bit damaged
I with my mistakes and stumbles
And her with some small chips and cracks
But here
In the beginning
The point where she giggles and I laugh
The point where I reveal and she accepts
The point where we both have hope
It makes me feel like it’s just slightly possible
That our splintered hearts and puzzle piece lives
Might come together to form a wonderfully painted canvass
That reveals an adventurous tomorrow within one another’s arms

The possibilities seem endless
And I for one
Cannot wait to see where we are headed


Robert Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment