Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Molt

“Molt “


The cocoon splits
And I push out into the new world
Fresh wings and a willing heart
I chase the sun
And all the new possibilities

The skin of my past falls to the floor once again
And I slither away into the grass
Seeking a new beginning
A new temptation

The shell cracks
As I beak little openings into the unknown
My fragile jail crumbles away
And I step innocent into the world
Wanting the touch of anything unfamiliar

Broken, battered and bruised
Time is healing my scars
And my change from one person to another comes cautiously

I dare to open doors that I should not
And I knock on others
All just searching for me
And world to call mine
One of these rabbit holes will be my victory
Or even another level of my undoing
But I am ok with that
I am ok with me
I am ready to change and experience all that comes with it

Robert Lloyd

20 May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment